This section is new and information will be added here soon. Please subscribe to our e-News below to stay up to date.
Neglect occurs when parents or carers continually fail to provide a child with the basic needs required for good growth and development. Some ways may include:
- Lack of adequate shelter and warmth
- Lack of nourishment
- Inadequate or inappropriate clothing
- Deprived of love, affection or support
- Deprived of mental or social stimulation or poor school attendance
- Health care, hygiene and medical matters not attended to
- Placed in situations of risk or harm
Over time, we will be adding articles, lists and other resources here from various emergency services to enable people to be as prepared as possible for any emergency situation. Please subscribe to our e-News below to stay up to date.
Acknowledgement of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation Children's Guide acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, waters and community. We pay our respect to Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.