our kids say….
Hello – we want to hear from you!
We are inviting kids and youth of all ages from all across Australia to send in pictures they have drawn and paintings they have painted.
You can also tell us something nice, positive, kind or funny about the community you live in, whether at home, school, sport, play or other activity, or things that make you feel safe, healthy, nurtured or happy.
1. Information on this site is for families with kids from birth to young adults, so we want to hear from kids and teens of all ages.
2. Decide if you want to send in a picture or a quote, or you can do both!
3. Quotes should be positive, kind, encouraging or helpful.
4. Art works can be drawings, paintings or digital images which you have created.
5. If you’re not sure what to include, take a look at the list below at the kinds of things that can be found throughout this website, but these are just some of our ideas – maybe you can think of more.
6. Art and quotes can be sent to us by filling in the form on this page and uploading a scan or photo of your art, or they can be posted to us. If you post to us, your submission must include the child’s first name, optional initial of surname, age, town/suburb, state and postcode. It must also include a parent’s name and email address as consent.
Children’s Guide – kids say
PO Box 1231
Rozelle NSW 2039
6. There are no deadlines – this is ongoing and we hope to regularly receive new positive and happy art and quotes from you!
We are very excited to have partnered up with cheerful little creations to bring something a little extra special to our communities. For a very limited time, any artworks received will be considered to become part of a very special print on fabric which then be made into book/library bags.
Any artworks received between 6 July and 31 July 2020, can be considered to be part of the print – simply select the option on the form below.
Artworks will be selected during August and the final print will be announced in our digital magazine issue out on Wednesday 26 August.
There is no
our kids create
Some ideas – we know yours will be much better!
- Great things about your suburb or town
- Geographical features (beach, mountain, river, property)
- Family and friends
- People, culture, festivals
- Anything else wonderful or unique about your community
- Amazing emergency services and local heroes
- Ways your family make you feel safe
- Ways your friends make you feel safe
- Environmental safety
- Anything else that makes you feel safe, or ways you can help others feel safe
- Wonderful nurses, doctors and medical staff
- Things that make you feel better when you’re unwell
- Things that cheer you up when you’re not in a good headspace
- Embracing disabilities and special needs
- Sports and exercise – benefits, your favourites and why
- Favourite foods and healthy diets
- Showing empathy and helping others
- Things you love doing at home – playing, cooking, time with pets, listening to music or anything else
- Creative, artistic, musical or performance interests
- Positive attitudes towards education and learning
- Kindness and helpfulness at home
- Wonderful community groups
- Your favourite places to go – parks, movies, museums, zoos, others
- Fun things about going to cafes and restaurants
- Holidays and trips – everything wonderful about them
- Looking through photos, keepsakes and reliving happy memories
- Favourite toys, books and other childhood things
Information for parents
Kids can provide art, a quote or both, but we ask that they only submit one of each.
Each artwork or quote will have the child’s first name, intial of surname and age.
We will never ask for any other information about a child and we will not use the child’s information in any way other than to present their submission in Children’s Guide.
We do require the full name and contact details of a parent as a confirmation of consent. Your name will not be added to our database or mailing list or used for any other reason.
When your child’s art or quote has been uploaded to our site, you will receive one confirmation email with a link to the page. You can reply to that email and request that your child’s art or quote be removed at any time, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to subscribe to our e-news and free digital magazine, please fill in the subscription form at the bottom of this page.
Where will my child’s submission appear?
What does my child get in return?
Acknowledgement of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation Children's Guide acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, waters and community. We pay our respect to Elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.